Essential vocabulary additions for the workplace and elsewhere!!!
1. BLAMESTORMING Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.
2. SEAGULL MANAGER A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise, poops on everything, and then leaves.
3. ASSMOSIS The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard
4. SALMON DAY The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream, only to get screwed and die in the end.
5. CUBE FARM An office filled with cubicles.
6. PRAIRIE DOGGING When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.
7. MOUSE POTATO The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.
8. SITCOMs Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What Yuppies get into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids.
9. STRESS PUPPY A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny.
10. SWIPEOUT An ATM or credit card that has been rendered inoperative due to excessive wear on magnetic strip.
11. XEROX SUBSIDY Swiping free photocopies from one's workplace.
12. IRRITAINMENT Entertainment and media spectacles that are annoying but you find yourself unable to stop watching them.
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE The fine art of whacking an electronic device to get it to work again. Often feel like doing this to my computer......
14. ADMINISPHERE The rarefied organizational layers beginning just above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve.
15. 404 Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error Message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested site could not be located.
16. GENERICA Features of the American landscape that are exactly the same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and subdivisions.
17. OHNOSECOND That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting send on an email by mistake).
18. WOOFS Well-Off Older Folks.
19. CROP DUSTING Surreptitiously passing gas while passing through a Cube Farm.
- Author Unknown